Friday, May 9, 2008

Diablo II: No Vitality Tournament Part II

The concept of the No Vitality tournament is simple, no stat points are allowed to be placed in vitality at all. This is the only restriction. Equipment and charms that add to life or vitality are fine to be used at any time. For obvious reasons equipment with +life/vitality mods are highly sought after.

This is my second attempt at this tournament, the first was Bob the Fishymancer who was successful in becoming a Guardian. For the second attempt I created Atropos, who was to become a Frost Maiden. The idea of Frost Maidens is that they use Freezing Arrow to deal with most of their enemies. A backup skill is necessary for cold immune monsters, and I chose Magic Arrow as this backup. As it turns out MA was very underpowered due this being an untwinkled tournament and my bad luck at finding a decent bow. So I had to rely on my merc and valkyrie to deal with such monsters.

Still Atropos was successful in defeating Baal in Hell and become my second Guardian. I won't go into detail as to her journey, the Guardian thread already has all that information.

As with Bob, I'm not sure what to do with her next. Frost Maidens are not very good magic finders and cold immune monsters are present in most of the normal places I could run, such as the Pits or other level 85 areas. Since I'm not much of a HC fan outside of tournaments I'll probably leave her be. Still, with two done I intend to play the other five classes in all upcoming tournaments to eventually get one guardian of each class. That is a very, very long term goal considering how many of my tournament characters have even gotten to Hell difficulty, much less completed it.

No comments: