Thursday, December 18, 2008

Java: CharSi Update #13

Progress is moving along nicely. I have now updated each of the equipment class files to incorporate the changes made to the Armor class file. Specifically each now can be used to search for an item given a set of parameters and then equip that item to the virtual character.


In updating all of these files I did encounter several mods that I had neglected to take into account earlier. Mods like Assassin kick damage and Fire absorb based on character level didn't appear in the armor items. As a result I had to update certain integer arrays in each of the class files as well as any methods that worked with these arrays each time a new mod was "discovered". Along with that I did find several of the item text files had typos that caused an exception to be generated. Those had to be corrected as well.Once that was done I was then able to completely equip a character with white, set or unique items and view those stats that I have hooked up in the Stats panel.


The Mods of Note panel is mostly attached to the equipment panels, as is the Stat Points and Properties panels. They are missing the additions for based on character mods but beyond that they should be accurate. The other panels need work however. So that's my next step, to attach all of the data I've collected from the equipment panels and display that properly in the Stats panel.

No comments: