Monday, January 12, 2009

Diablo II: The Twelve Days of Christmas

In the Twelve Days of Christmas tournament by Maxicek contestants are given a set of tasks and must complete each one. It is different from other tournaments in that the tasks are completed with already completed characters, you don't need to create one from scratch to compete. The tasks ranged from find a specific number of a type of item to locating a monster with a certain combination of mods to gathering a specific number of one type of monster on the screen at once. Points are awarded depending on what difficulty it was completed in as well as the type of monsters involved (unique, champion, normal).

Personally I joined knowing I wouldn't be winning this one. My goal was to complete all of the tasks, to which I was almost successful. The one task I failed in was finding a Blood Hawk bosspack, which no one else completed either so I don't feel too bad about that part. Overall it was a lot of fun, and since I didn't lose items (as in the MF tournaments) it was a successful tournament. I was able to complete a lot of the tasks simply by leveling two different characters through the entire game. The rest was completed with a few runs of bosses or different areas. Not sure if I'll do it again next year, it will completely depend on what else is going on at the time.

No comments: