Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Diablo II: Pindlethon V

A Pindlethon is an event run about once per year in the SPF. The basic idea is that each participant kills Pindleskin two thousand times during the month long event. Each elite unique and set item is considered a qualifier and those numbers are tracked. The participant with the best 5 items wins. Normally the top few players get to take an item or two from those below them, but that was left out of this Pindlethon. That was something I don't mind too much since I am not a big fan of losing my best items or any grailers I might have picked up along the way. I'd survive it, but still not be too keen about the idea.

During the Pindlethon I placed all my qualifiers into an ATMA stash, and then once the tournament was over I promptly put them all into my general stashes. As a result I don't actually have hard numbers or data as to what I found. However I do recall my finds being one S/U per every 90-100 runs. Much higher percentage than a lot of the other runners. But at least I got my times down to around 25 seconds per run. It means I didn't waste too much time with this one, and found several grailers to boot.

My top 5 were:
1. Ohm Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
Weapons: +50% Enhanced Damage
Helms: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Required Level: 57
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion

2. Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xab5702d1
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +29
+2 to All Skill Levels

3. Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 126
Durability: 12 of 24
Kick Damage: 83 to 149
Required Strength: 166
Required Level: 71
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x9f37c26a
+21 to Dexterity
+75% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

4. Earth Shifter
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 116 to 637
Durability: 51 of 60
Required Strength: 253
Required Level: 69
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x9c7f08bd
+254% Enhanced Damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
10% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+7 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
25% Chance to cast Level 14 Fissure on striking
Level 14 Volcano (17/30 Charges)

5. Trang-Oul's Girth
Troll Belt
Defense: 155
Durability: 12 of 18
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 62
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x49f4ea27
+66 to Life
+40 to Mana
+30 to Maximum Stamina
+92 Defense
Replenish Life +5
Requirements -40%
Cannot Be Frozen

Overall I found seven grailers and five TC87 items. But still the prize was my only high rune (HR), the Ohm. I had found a Vex a while back in the Mephathon but lost it due to a PEBCAK problem when backing up my ATMA stashes. As a result this is my one and only HR at this point. Along with this I did gain an extra level with Malice, my Meteorb runner, bringing her to level 94 overall. So it was a very successful Pindlethon, all of my goals were accomplished so I'm happy with the results even though I didn't get more than two 3rd place votes.

No comments: