Tuesday, March 20, 2007

PC Games: Diablo II

I'm quite the computer game junkie and can always be found playing one game or another. For a while now that game has been Diablo II, created by Blizzard Entertainment. It's a hack-and-slash game where you create a character and then complete a series of quest, equipping yourself with items found along the way. Originally I picked it up when the game came out, about 6 years ago. Stopped playing it after several months and went on to other games. Didn't pick it back up again until I found an online website dedicated to the game with hints and strategies, along with a very mature community. It's this community that convinced me to restart playing the game, back in August of 2005, and I haven't really stopped since.

I've been playing for a while and gained a great deal of wealth, but some things about my play style were bothering me (not going into details) and therefore I did what is called a "restart". This means that all items and characters created/found previously are removed from the game so that the player starts fresh as if the game were just installed.

Of course the first thing to do at this point is create a magic finding character to find the needed items to complete the game. I did this with a meteorb sorceress named Malice, for whom a Matriarch thread was posted on DiabloII.net. You'll notice that my forum handle is "Mursilis" instead of "Silverbolt", that is only because Silverbolt was already taken. I switch back and forth between the two depending on which is available.

Now that a magic finding character is completed the next step is to use her for finding items. Specifically running Hell Mephisto and Hell Pindleskin. In the meantime a second character will be started, a Plague Javelin Amazon named Chiana. I only plan on questing with one or two characters at a time at most, with one being a Single Player tournament character. I did more before and it got confusing, as well as less interesting for each individual character.

No comments: