Thursday, March 22, 2007

Internet: Personal Webpage

A while back I experimented with Geocities and created a very basic website, named Silverbolt’s Playground. This site contained mostly information on the online games I was playing at the time, as well as GAB (Good Traders against Bad Traders) information. The game pages are extremely out of date as I got out of online games a couple of years ago. They were stealing too much of my time and in order to play correctly I needed to be online constantly. To avoid having my life consisting of running back to my computer every hour online games were dropped completely and I only play standalone computer games now.

GAB on the other hand is something I am still a part of. It is an online organization for card trading that does it’s best to ensure fairness in all transactions. I can’t even recall when I joined as it was several years ago, however I have not been active with trading for the past 5 years myself. Even though I haven’t traded in years I am still an Admiral and Team Leader of the Gold Rock Team within GAB. I have considered picking this back up to complete my collection of Star Wars CCG cards. I have several of the sets completed but missing a few cards from one or two sets and my choices are either buy them on Ebay or trade for them online. Trading is the more desired of the two options and may happen in the near future.

The website itself is very basic, using the Geocities drag-and-drop feature to place text boxes and pictures onto the pages. Geocities pages can also be created using HTML, however that would require recreating the entire website. I don’t believe I want to recreate information on dead games, but also like the fact there is a historical record of those games available. So if I want to go back to having a website, a new one will need to be created so that the old information remains untouched. At the moment there are no plans to create a new website, several other projects are in queue to be competed first before that one can be researched and decided upon.

No comments: