Friday, October 3, 2008

Diablo II: Green with Envy Tournament

The Green with Envy Tournament has a rule set where Only set equipment (green) may be worn. White or grey items may be used as placeholders until a green item is found to replace them. These rules count for mercenaries as well. Due to these restrictions quite a few build options are not viable, such as a Javazon.

I entered with a Paladin, Myau, starting with the Iratha's set as starting equipment. I choose this equipment due to the resistance bonuses, since with a melee character that is what worries me the most. Myau will be a Frost Zealot, just haven't decided on the backup skill yet. Myau breezed through most of the difficulty due to the overpoweredness that is Holy Freeze, and the massive resistance boost from Iratha's set items. However he met a quick end when wandering through the Pit in Act V. Encountered a bosspack of Moon Lords (my worst melee opponent) and started to tanked before checking the boss' mods, he was apparently extra strong.

With that I started another, Hephaestus. He will also be a Paladin, a Hammerdin to be exact. I have never tried a hammerdin before so the going was a bit rough, especially aiming the darn things. However with a high level Concentration aura active the Act II desert mercenary was killing all the monsters very quickly so Hephaestus sometimes didn't even have a chance to jump into the fray before it was time to move on. Things stayed interested with the extremely low resistances that he had, so quite a few NDEs encountered along the way.

After finishing Normal difficulty at level 46 I decided to retire this character. I just wasn't having much fun with the Hammerdin. I know they are seriously overpowered characters but the build type just isn't for me.

No comments: